One of the biggest mistakes in sales is being unprepared for sales meetings. Too many times, salespeople arrive just minutes before appointments not prepared. Continue reading “Scout Worthy Ways to Prepare for a Sales Meeting”
Have you ever wondered why some business people are able to achieve their goals faster than others? Is it something that they have or some talent that you haven’t developed yet?
While some may have a natural ability that allows them to do certain things more easily, it is more likely that they have created their success from the inside out.
Ideas to create YOUR success:
How long have you been in business? Since 1999.
Why did you begin your business? I started The Sales Company to help those in the technology business be able to do sales. We help hundred of entrepreneurs, individuals and corporations better assess, understand and engage in practical purposeful selling.
What is your mission for your business? Help people be able to sell effectively in a way that works for them.
If there was one thing you wish you knew before you began your business, what would that be? That nothing will ever be “done.” Things change constantly and you must change with them otherwise you will be “done”.
What is a guiding principle that you use in your business? Kindness
What makes you a thriving woman in business? The Golden Rule – Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
What do you love about being a thriving woman in business to know? Being able to impact people I work with, my community, my world.
What is the next big thing or dream for you in your business? Global presence through products and programs.
Make Sales Effortless for Bigger Profits and Success with sales expert Debbie Mrazek. Debbie is President of The Sales Company, a Texas-based firm that is helping hundred of entrepreneurs, individuals and corporations better assess, understand and engage in practical purposeful selling.
When people are asked what they do or how they decided to choose their career, they often give a short, to the point explanation. But, what we may be missing is the chance to form a connection with our customers.
When we choose to share the real story of how we became who we are and why we chose the career that we did, we open ourselves up to our clients by sharing personal details of our life. This is an effective way to build trust with your clients and allow them to see you as a real person, rather than just another sales person. To help you share your story and connect with your clients, I have listed some helpful tips.
- Keep It Simple – When sharing your story with others, it is important that you keep it short and simple. This will ensure that the listener does not become bored, or lose interest halfway through.
- Continue reading “How Storytelling Can Improve Your Sales”
As much as we may not like it, we all need to network in order to grow our business and become more effective sales professionals. When you take the time to grow your network and nurture it, you will be rewarded with a wealth of opportunities to hear about leads and prospective clients. Those who are in your network are more likely to recommend you to others, because they have a personal connection with you. If you find networking difficult, I have put together some helpful tips that will turn you into a networking pro in no time.
While you may be intimidated at the thought of having to meet new people and connect with them, you may want to start with people you already know. One of the best ways to reconnect with previous clients and find new leads is through social media. We all know how popular social media has become, it has become even more popular among sales professionals. It is one of the most effective and easiest ways to start building your network.
Why is it that as women, we think we have to do everything by ourselves? Why can’t we ask for help? Yet what happens anywhere, anytime, every day that is truly done by only one person? Nothing!
In sales, people often think that if they ask for help, they will lose their competitive advantage or appear weak. Seriously? The reality is that could not be further from the truth. Do you really believe you know everything about everything? I know you don’t, but you are trying to act as if you do. Let’s stop that today. Continue reading “You Need Help. Weenie or Winner?”
If you’re a sales professional, you may have realized that it can be one of the most demanding, yet rewarding careers out there. In order to become the best sales person possible, you need to embrace the follow-up process. If you are not following up with 100% of your sales leads, you are missing out on valuable clients. To help you understand the importance of following up, I have put together some helpful tips on improving your follow-up skills.
- Don’t Wait – When it comes to making a sale and landing a new client, don’t wait. Studies have shown that sales professionals who contact potential leads within an hour of receiving their inquiry, are more likely to have a conversation with someone who is ready to take the next step. Every hour that goes by without you contacting a potential new client, is time wasted. When you respond quicker, you are demonstrating that you want to do business with this client and you are genuinely interested in hearing what their needs are. Do not wait when it comes to responding to an inquiry.
- Provide Complete Answers – When someone contacts you, it is likely because they have a question about the services or products that you offer. When you’re returning a call to a prospective client, remember to provide them with complete answers. It has been shown that the first sales person to respond to a client with the information they want, is most likely to land that client.
- Keep Learning – In order to become the best possible sales person, you can be, you need to continue to learn about what is relevant in your field. If you are promoting a new product or service, learn everything you can about it. The more informed and knowledgeable you are; the more trustworthy potential clients will find you to be.
The tips listed above will help you improve your existing follow-up technique. The key to becoming a more effective sales person, is following up with potential clients. The faster you respond and provide a prospective client with the information and details they want, the more likely you are to add that lead as a new client.
The world of sales can be very demanding, but if you continue to hone your skills, and educate yourself your clients will remain loyal customers who turn to you for advice and information when they are considering making a change. A simple follow-up call, can lead to clients who value our opinion and look to you for help when expanding their business. You have a lot to gain from a simple follow-up call.
It is common for everyone to experience a bad mood at the office. It’s human nature that our moods will change from time to time, and we won’t always be the ray of sunshine everyone has come to expect. What you need to know is, this happens to all of us at some point. While our shift in moods may affect our productivity, there are some ways that you can overcome your mood and continue to be a productive member of the sales team.
- The first thing you can do to overcome a bad mood is to simply accept it. That may sound easy, but the majority of us try to force our way out of the mood, and that can sometimes make it worse. In some cases, being in a bad mood can actually make your more productive and improve your focus. So, rather than trying to force yourself to be happy, just accept your mood and get to work.
- Continue reading “Having a Bad Day?”
It’s hard not to notice how texting has become the method of communication among virtually everyone with a cell phone. We used to send messages to our spouses, children and friends, but is it an effective way to speak to your customers? This is something that we are going to have to address as it becomes a more common method of communication.
Many people feel that texting is a more convenient and time-saving way to communicate. While it may be faster, there is still value in actually speaking with someone. Sometimes, those few minutes saved can lead to a client feeling unvalued and not worth the time that it would take to make a call. Continue reading “Is Texting an Appropriate Way to Communicate With Customers?”