Many of us believe that we have to work hard from sun up to sun down to accomplish anything. This is not living- it’s existing- and doing it too long will strip you of your joy for life and passion for your work. The saying “work smarter, not harder” is very true, and there are ways of living and thinking that can promote ease in your life. Success with ease is enjoying your work, the process, and the results, while enjoying the other aspects of your life. Adopt some of these ideas and watch your success soar at work and in the rest of your life.
I have seen numerous people turn their talent into a business. They are excited to share their gifts and are determined to make a difference in the world. The really successful ones are all that and more! The thriving entrepreneurs have also developed their leadership abilities. Here are three ways I have seen leadership help them reach more people and build incredibly successful businesses.
You have the expertise and credibility, and know how to lead others when it comes to your business. But do you showcase that well for potential clients? Letting others see your leadership skills is good marketing because it positions you as an authority worth listening to.
Market yourself as a leader with these tips:
Take on leadership roles. Join committees, take a board position or volunteer to spearhead activities within networking or industry groups you are part of. These are quiet kinds of leadership pursuits that even introverts can do gracefully. These activities put you into visible leadership roles in others’ eyes. Once people see you in action, it’s easy for them to consider hiring you or referring you to others.
Take the time to share your knowledge. Be open to answering questions or giving advice to others even if they aren’t potential clients. This is a good way to give back and it’s a generous stance that invites good will to you. I once took several hours to talk with and send a detailed email response to a young college student who had questions about my industry. The next month, his coach hired me as her marketing person because she was so impressed with the information I had shared with him!
Publicize your leadership roles. Be sure to note on your website, speaker sheet and LinkedIn profile what leadership roles you take on. Do you provide advice to those younger than you? Note that you are a mentor. Have you won an award? Be sure it’s part of your profile. Be loud and proud about your leadership roles to be seen in a bigger light.
Take on leadership roles, share what you know and communicate what you do to market yourself as a leader and attract your ideal clients.
Get more tips on creating a BIG presence with your marketing HERE.
Shelly Gupta is a motivated entrepreneur with a passion for creating new software products to address day-to-day problems. She has launched multiple successful products from scratch, worked with teams all over the world and travelled a lot while relishing every moment! She is the Founder and CEO of GiftVolo, a gift-giving business that allows you to give convenient, thoughtful, last-minute gifts from the convenience of your home.
How long have you been in business?
I incorporated my company in the US in Jan 2015. However, given that online marketplace development can be costly it took me a while to take the next step. Reason being it involved leaving my 5 year old daughter and husband for a year to get the platform developed in India. I created a subsidiary company of the US company from scratch in India – probably one of the hardest things I have ever done in my professional life. India has too much bureaucracy which causes unnecessary hurdles.
Why did you begin your business?
Gifting is an emotional bond that brings joy to both the sender of the gift and the recipient of the gift. But with the busy lives we lead, it is neither joyous nor convenient for the sender to find a thoughtful gift. In nearly 40% cases, it can be non-joyous for the gift recipient as well, because they end up returning the gift or giving it to someone else. I wanted to create an online marketplace that allowed senders to send meaningful gifts of services and experiences conveniently from the comfort of their home even at the last minute. Also giving recipients the opportunity to enjoy a new service or experience completely free of cost.
What is your mission for your business?
Bring the joy back to gifting. Senders can conveniently send thoughtful gifts from the comfort of their home even at the last minute; Recipients can enjoy a new service or experience completely free of cost; and local service providers also get a piece of this large $500 Billion+ market, which they currently do not have.
If there was one thing you wish you knew before you began your business, what would that be?
Patience and fortitude. Paulo Coelho wrote “Straight roads do not make skillful drivers.” Believe me being an entrepreneur is like crossing one curvy road after another. In my case the number of curvy roads compounded significantly because of the India subsidiary.
What is a guiding principle that you use in your business?
I use three principles
1. Honesty in my work, to my employees and to my customers
2. Passion and unwavering faith that things will work out.
3. Persistent – failures happen and they sabotage your plans but you got to be resilient and bounce back.
What makes you a thriving woman in business?
My persistence, although I might complain or cry but I bounce back with vengeance and figure out new ways to solve the problem I am facing at the moment.
What do you love about being a thriving woman in business?
It is by far the most gratifying accomplishment. It gives me a sense of purpose, drive and resolve. I hope I am setting an example for my little girl that she can achieve anything that she sets her mind to.
What is the next big thing or dream for you in your business?
To make GiftVolo a thriving marketplace and the only destination people think of when they think about thoughtful gifts and convenience.
How can our readers connect with you?
With so much conversation about money and ideas on what and where to put it, do you ever just want to ask the question, can you HELP me?
Then we start talking about it to friends and now as a group, we are all the expert. Sometimes with everyone acting as the expert sharing what they thought did or didn’t work, has now become more like the old game we played as kids called “Telephone.” The words passed from ear-to-ear change and ultimately the information is incorrect. We may hear about someone’s unfortunate outcome with an annuity. When the person was actually put into a plan that wasn’t correct for them in the first place. They only know the pain of their particular experience. After hearing all of this you now become mentally paralyzed. In reality, there are some great annuities that will pay you for the rest of your life and can be transferred to a beneficiary: Win-Win.
Example: An income of $100,000
How about that saying of putting 10 percent of your money away annually for retirement? Let’s put away $833 a month for the next ten years. It almost seems unattainable. First reaction, “Oh my gosh, are you kidding me?”
Now if I say to you, let’s create a plan for ten years based on your income of $100,000 and fund it with $10,000 annually with guarantees that you will not only have growth capped, meaning that there will be a ceiling and a floor so that you never lose principle. Growth is compound and guaranteed; one that will offer you a larger amount to pull from in case of an emergency, will reduce future taxes and pay you a tax-free income for life. WHAT WOULD YOU SAY?
We need multiple streams of income going forward. Are you ready?
This is a question that I love. It evokes many thoughts from the incredibly greedy to the thoughtful giving. When we put ourselves in a state of need we can block the greatness that can create abundance. Continue reading “Financial Abundance”
Does your marketing strategy bring about feelings of excitement or obligation? Obligation only motivates for so long, and avoidance can soon follow. Or, you move ahead despite your lack of joy, and pay the price by feeling dry or having less than stellar results. Infuse your marketing strategy with these tips for a joy-filled journey and outcomes that are divine.
7 Tips for Enhancing Your Intuition
Hey goddess- Are you tapping into your intuition?
Why do some of us seem to have better intuition than others? Perhaps you believe that you lack intuition all together. Your mind is constantly giving you feedback. You’re either not receiving the message or you’re misinterpreting the signs because trust me, you will ALWAYS get an answer. When you’re uncertain about how to proceed, your intuition can provide valuable feedback if you take the time to tune in and listen to what it has to say.
It’s a mistake to only rely on logic when you have other tools at your disposal. Give your intuition a chance.
Learn to cultivate and use your intuition:
- Practice addressing and listening to your intuition. You probably already do this, just not at a sufficient level. When faced with multiple possibilities, give your intuition a chance to chime in. Start with little things. “Should I go to the movie with Sally or stay at home?” Ask yourself these types of questions as they come up in your life and notice the response you receive.
- Notice how your intuition communicates with you. It might be in the form of a verbal response. In many cases, you’ll get a feeling in your body that might take the form of a feeling in your stomach, chest, or head. It could reveal itself as a sense of calmness, knowing, or anxiety. You already experience these types of feelings. When faced with something you fear, your intuition is speaking to you. You already know how that feels. You also know when something feels “right.”
- Follow your intuition blindly in trivial matters. Show your intuition that you’re willing to listen. When faced with non-pressing matters, such as whether to have a cup of coffee or tea, just do what your intuition tells you. You might go for a joy ride and allow your intuition to choose all the turns. Pay attention to where you end up!
- Meditation helps. Your intuition might be talking to you, but you’re not getting the message. With everything else going on in your head, you might not even notice that your intuition is trying to communicate with you. Meditation can quiet the mind enough to notice what your intuition is saying.
- Spend time in a new environment. Your thoughts and feelings become habits that are partially dependent on your surroundings. You tend to think and feel a certain way at home. The same goes for work. Give your intuition room to maneuver by spending time someplace out of the ordinary for you. Time at the library, park, or coffee shop might open the lines of communication.
- Do something that engages your mind at a low level. Have you ever noticed that many of your best ideas come while taking a shower, driving down the highway, or coloring? It’s because your mind is partially occupied. You have to pay attention to what you’re doing, but your mind isn’t so engaged that it can’t wander a bit.
- Keep track of your results. In general, is your intuition providing helpful and accurate feedback? Notice the situations where the results are positive and those that are negative. You’ll be able to trust your intuition in more areas of your life over time.
It’s important to understand that your intuition is flawed. It’s flawed because of your fears and misconceptions. For example, you’ll never get a good vibe about spending time with someone new if you have social anxiety issues.
However, you already know a lot of things. And you already have a lot of life experience. The vast wisdom resulting from those two things is locked inside of you. Your intuition uses that information to guide you – if you’ll listen.
8 Empowering Beliefs to increase your happiness
Your experiences are shaped by your thinking. By adopting some of the beliefs below you can empower yourself to be happy. Even obstacles have a value when you can see it. You can develop convictions that will help you to feel happier and achieve more, regardless of the situation.
Consider these empowering beliefs that you can start using today to transform your life through the power of positive thinking.
- I understand my potential. You can achieve amazing results when you put your mind to it. Feel excited about reaching your true potential. I hereby grant you permission to let yourself be ALL that you can be.
- I count my blessings. List each thing that you have to be grateful for. Remember to include the smaller items, like warm socks, instagram or tart cranberries. Expressing your appreciation reminds you of how rich you are. I think you can find more of these each day if you put your attention on it,
- I learn from mistakes. You can make setbacks work for you by focusing on the lessons that they contain. Flubbing one job interview can teach you how to ace the next one. As a performing artist I cannot get upset over one word I forgot at the last concert. My mastery come in the form of how resilient I am and how well I recover.
- I find meaning in adversity. Tough times can be the most rewarding phase of your life. Know that you can emerge from any challenge with greater wisdom and courage. I hate to say it but that old adage of “that which does not kill you makes you stronger” has a tiny bit of truth to it! Look back at the obstacles you’ve already overcome, and reassure yourself that you can handle what’s ahead.
- I embrace change. Accept that life is a series of changes. Focus on the present moment, and prepare yourself to adapt to whatever circumstances come your way. If all else fails… practice this mantra: “change is good, change is good, change is good!”
- I dream big. Expand your wish list. Do not play small if you want big results. Setting demanding but attainable goals gives you adventures to look forward to each day.
- I practice forgiveness. Lighten your load by clearing away any resentment you’re holding onto from the past. Set reasonable boundaries while you respond with compassion when others disappoint you. While you are at it, Pardon yourself too. If you are like me you can be pretty rough on yourself at times and while that fuels you to get better you do want to temper it with a some of that golden compassion you tend to grant others.
- I give generously. Sharing your blessings makes you more powerful and joyful. Volunteer in your community and speak kindly to each person you meet today. Buy coffee for your co-workers or give your receptionist a flower.
Dream big and stay positive. You can achieve all of the goals you set out to achieve.
CLICK HERE to view VIDEO AFFIRMATION MEDITATION “I am empowered”
Please let me know if I can be of any assistance to you or your business.
I look forward to hearing from you.
As entrepreneurs, working alone can have its challenges and, if unchecked, can sabotage all the amazing work you’re doing. It can lead to self-doubt that can undermine your entrepreneurial dreams. One of the best ways to keep this from happening is to build your own success team that supports you, provides valuable insights, inspiration and motivation as your business grows and evolves.