Being a leader is more than just having a corner office, a six figure paycheck, and a fancy title. It’s about being able to empower and motivate people to be the best they can be — whether you’re a CEO or a soccer mom.
I have been a regular attender of the Global Leadership Summit for the past several years and have gained a whole new perspective on what it means to be a leader as a result.
Craig Groeschel, senior pastor and founder of Life Church, is a past speaker of the Summit and shares his 5 C’s to Expand Your Leadership Capacity.
I challenge you to pick ONE — the one area that is keeping your business from reaching its maximum potential — and focus on it.
- Build your confidence — Do you have negative self talk that’s regularly telling you you can’t do this or you don’t measure up? Decide to change your story (because it’s not serving you) and then decide that despite whatever you’re scared of, you’re going to take one baby step forward. And then another. And another. And before you know it, you’ll be wondering what the big deal was.
- Expand your connections — Do you dread going to networking events or reaching out to people on social media? Think of it this way. You could be one relationship away from changing the course of your destiny. Do it.
- Improve your competence — You don’t have to be an expert at everything, but surround yourself with people who are experts and then focus on being the best at what you’re good at.
- Strengthen your character — Talent can get you to the top, but only your character can keep you there.
- Increase your commitment — Bring your best to every area of your life.
#5 is the one I’m going to focus on. What about you? I’d love to know what area you’re going to focus on in the comments. Please feel free to share this with anyone you think will benefit.
Thank you for sharing this space with me.