Do you ever walk into a room full of people and feel like no one even sees you? Did people regularly acknowledge you in the past but now you feel overlooked? It may seem like you’re suddenly invisible.
You can change that perception and get the acknowledgment you deserve. Being visible is simpler than you think. Here are some ways to make a lasting impression and come back into focus.
- Create color or texture impact in your outfits. Blend similar hues within an outfit, create blocks of color in your outfit or use a mix of textures in one color to create interest in your outfit.
- Wear at least one clothing item that has interesting details. For instance, a jacket could have military detailing, interesting buttons, or pleats or tucks. A plain blazer is a non-distinct blazer unless you add interest elsewhere in your outfit.
- Wear quality fabrics. Cheap fabrics bring the wrong attention. Upgrading your clothing items to the next level of quality won’t go unnoticed.
- Wear an item or two in your outfit that has shine, glimmer, sparkle, or luster. This could be a top worn under a blazer, a handbag in a metallic finish, ballet flats in a metallic python print, or a patent leather belt in a fun color.
- Be sure your jewelry relates to one another. Wear earrings, a necklace, bracelets, and rings that blend well together or repeat a theme. One person’s jewelry statement may have a more classic flair while another person’s jewelry statement may be more artistic. Working within a theme helps you create more presence.
- Pick an accessory item and make it your signature. It could be red-framed glasses, a man’s watch, brooches on blazers or maybe you’re known for your scarf collection. Choose it and wear it every day.
- Don’t go for ordinary shoes. Look for shoes that relate to your outfit but have their own character too.
- Define your eyebrow line. Shape them and fill them in with an eyebrow pencil in your color. This line frames and brings attention to your face.
- Add dimension to your hair color with lowlights or highlights. Or ask your hair stylist for products that will add shine to your hair. You may be in need of a style change. Perhaps it’s time to ask your stylist to add some angles or give you a modern shape.
- Wear a smile and be ready to engage with others.
I would love to help you get noticed for the wonderful person you are. I am ready to help you make that impact. Give me a call at 831-625-2000!
Or, go to my website www.powerful-presence.com and sign up for my monthly Style tips meant to give you ideas and solutions to common Style problems that women talk about. These tips will inspire and help you navigate the stylish part of your life.
Text Copyright © 2016 Powerful Presence. All rights reserved worldwide.