In the fashion world prints have gotten louder, bigger, and bolder. You don’t have to indulge in the trends, but try adopting a print or two and bring them into your wardrobe this season. Why? Because prints can do so much for you. Here are some examples.
1. Prints can expand your wardrobe effortlessly. This season prints are on everything: handbags, scarves, shoes, pants, dresses, tops, outerwear and more. If you have a wardrobe that relies heavily on solid colors, adding prints will make you feel like you have doubled your wardrobe choices. Mixing and matching will be easy and fun all season. Use the colors found in the print to tie the pieces of your wardrobe together.(photo www.toryburch.com)
2. Prints are great at adding interest. A print can spark a conversation and a print in colors that favor your personal coloring will bring out more of your beauty. If you decide to mix prints to add interest to your look, it doesn’t have to be difficult. Here are some easy combinations to try.
- Polka dots with stripes
- Floral print with pinstripes or checks
- Literal prints with plaid or checks
- Checks with a buffalo plaid in similar colors
3. Prints are very personal. If there was a lineup of prints, you could quite easily spot one you like and quickly reject the ones you don’t like. Sometimes you’re attracted to a print because it reminds you of a loving person you’ve had in your life, or maybe it reminds you of a hobby you have. Wearing a print that makes a personal connection to you feels nurturing and pleasurable. 4. Prints can grow on you. You can try out a print by wearing it in something small like a print handbag, a print shoe, a print wrap, or even a print belt. You’d be surprised how a small amount of print will add a lot to your outfit.
When you’re ready to have your print take up more space, wear a printed blouse under a jacket, a printed dress with a jacket, or a printed coat over a column of color.
5.Prints can camouflage or call attention. Based on your body shape and proportions, you can use prints to flatter your figure. If you want to minimize, use an overall, small-to-medium-scale pattern. If you want to add volume, use large, high contrast, irregularly dispersed prints because they generally add a sense of weight.
While prints can seem overwhelming if you’re seeing them in a window display or on a mannequin, there is definitely a way to wear them that will bring you joy. I’d be very happy to help you explore prints this season. Who knows? You may become a huge fan. I’m here for you! Call me at 831-625-2000.
Or, go to my website www.powerful-presence.com and sign up for my monthly Style tips meant to give you ideas and solutions to common Style problems that women talk about. These tips will inspire and help you navigate the stylish part of your life.
Text Copyright © 2016 Powerful Presence. All rights reserved worldwide.