How do you define success? Externally or internally?
Surprisingly, it is really common to define success externally, for example, by comparing yourself to others, taking on someone else’s standards, or living up to others’ expectations of you.
When you define success externally, you may well minimize or sabotage any success you accomplish by feeling like you ‘should’ have done more, better, quicker – and on and on. It will rarely be fulfilling or feel like a personal victory because you are looking outwards instead of inwards. However, truly meaningful success most definitely comes from within you. It is an experience you create for yourself in your business and your life. It is on your terms.
You and only you get to define what success is to you – what you want to accomplish, how you want to grow, what you want to learn, and where you want to shine. The more specific you are, the better. Create clear criteria to define your success so you will clearly know when you have achieved key milestones along the way, as well as the goals that you set for yourself. Then, embrace how far you have come, acknowledge yourself, and celebrate your success.
To fully embrace your success:
• Believe in yourself – Be your own biggest champion/cheerleader/supporter.
• Dream big – Reach for the moon. Be excited about what you’re up to – it will carry you through anything that might slow you down.
• Unleash your passion– Give yourself permission to be zesty and passionate, and shine in the world.
• Be unstoppable – Be ‘all in.’ Be committed, focused, and energized – letting nothing get in your way.
• Celebrate – Remember to celebrate your successes before you scurry off to the next one!
Here’s to your massive success!